Finance for Non-Financial Managers
COURSE DESCRIPTION: In a highly collaborative and supportive BluPrint environment, you’ll develop a comprehensive view of shareholder value creation and the key role executives play in the process. This course is intended for Executives who make or contribute to decisions with significant financial implications; for managers with profit-and-loss responsibility in marketing, operations, human resources, engineering and other nonfinancial areas.
A finance background is not required for this course.
To complement the lectures, you’ll spend time in working sessions with the faculty and fellow class members applying theory to practice. With a heavy emphasis on real-life cases, our program will give you
applied practice interpreting financial reports, evaluating investments, relating valuation methods and discovering the consequences of strategic decisions on cash flow and stock price.
Identifying the purpose, types and components of financial reports
Examining the role of auditors and management in the preparation of annual financial reports
Interpreting Financial Reports
- Identifying the conceptual underpinnings of corporate reporting
- Reading and understanding corporate financial statements
- Conducting a qualitative assessment of financial performance
- Understanding investment evaluation criteria
- Estimating cash flows, including the consequences of product cannibalization, shared production facilities and inflation
- Applying discounted cash-flow and multiples-based valuation methods
- Understanding strategic acquisitions
Financial Decisions and Value Creation
- Expanding your knowledge of financial markets
- Evaluating alternative sources of capital for short- and long-term financing
- Managing capital structure
- Estimating the cost of capital
- Understanding how the stock market responds to financial decisions
REFUND & CANCELLATION
No cancellations or transfers are accepted within 1 (one) week (business days only) prior to the course start date or later. All cancellations prior to 5-business days of the course start date must be forwarded to email@example.com. In the rare occasion that a course is cancelled or postponed, please note our reimbursement is limited to paid fee only.
This is an Instructor-Led (in person) course. All participant materials are uploaded to the training portal. Training portal link is provided 2-days prior to the start of the training date.
DATE, TIME & LOCATION
Wednesday September 11, 2019
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Online Registration Only