Employment Law for Managers
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Employment Law for Managers is a short course that train managers, supervisors, directors and others with people management responsibility to avoid possible lawsuits for discrimination and/or harassment. This course will highlight the legal side of employment interviews, explain the legal implications and different forms of discrimination, including race, gender, disability, age, national origin, and religion.
Learners will examine and better understand
- case studies applicable to employment law and the costs associated with litigation;
- what constitutes sexual harassment in the workplace, and how best to respond to a complaint;
- steps taken in Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) investigations;
- how and why EEOC charges are filed against employers;
- how the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) established minimum wage requirements;
- how the FLSA defines "exempt" and "non-exempt" employees.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
No cancellations or transfers are accepted within 1 (one) week (business days only) prior to the course start date or later. All cancellations prior to 5-business days of the course start date must be forwarded to email@example.com. In the rare occasion that a course is cancelled or postponed, please note our reimbursement is limited to paid fee only.
This course is delivered on-line only. All participant materials are uploaded to the training portal. Training portal link is provided 2-days prior to the start of the training date.