Affordable Care Act for Managers and Human Capital Professionals
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Learn how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) helps employers provide feasible options for current & potential employees. Managers, supervisors, and business leaders will become equipped with generic and technical tools to take appropriate action for implementation and ACA compliance. This session addresses 10 key points:
- Understand the provisions, protections, and processes.
- Learn how the Health Exchange works, the available options, and critical dates and mandates.
- Know how to access plans, providers, costs, savings, and other essential features. Be knowledgeable on what is covered in the health plans – benefits and costs, deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance.
- Navigate the options for non-profit and for-profit businesses. Determine how the ACA impacts the health benefits offered to various groups (age, gender, residency, employee status, FTEs, etc.).
- Prepare your company to communicate and implement health choices and benefits in all business units equitably organization wide.
- How to enforce the legal, fiscal, and record-keeping compliances for your company. Decide your budget for health care.
- Explore tax credits and other financial benefits that may be available for individuals and businesses.
- Prepare a list of questions before speaking with an insurance producer or Consumer Assistant (Navigator, Consolidated Service Center).
- Access additional resources for special populations (language, ADA accommodations, Medicaid expansion, Medicare expansion for persons 65 and older).
- Communicate the key benefits and steps in implementation within your organization.
This course focuses on the ACA provisions and features in the state of MD (Maryland Health Benefit Exchange). The topics address critical financial, employment, family, and recruitment issues. Sessions are segmented for businesses and organizations leaders, human resource managers, and financial management staffs.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
No cancellations or transfers are accepted within 1 (one) week (business days only) prior to the course start date or later. All cancellations prior to 5-business days of the course start date must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the rare occasion that a course is cancelled or postponed, please note our reimbursement is limited to paid fee only.
This course is delivered on-line only. All participant materials are uploaded to the training portal. Training portal link is provided 2-days prior to the start of the training date.